The Actual News:
OK, really quick update for you guys, because it’s 5am and I need to start prepping my room to turn it into a podcasting… place… thingy… where I put my camera and stuff.
Anyways, first off, I gave the Lost Pokémon page another update; now it should have all the names of each Pokémon added (at least of the ones that have names), as well as a few more sprites. I also clarified a few things, such as which sprite is from which Space World build, what its number is, etc. Again, the page is still being worked on, so some things will still be incomplete. But it’s coming along swimmingly!
Secondly, I’d like to share this really awesome thing I found on /vp/ … it’s a full map of Johto! Yes yes, inb4 “we already know what Johto looks like!” … but this one is different: it’s a full map of PROTO Johto. It has the general outline of Johto, but it’s effectively a completely different map. A few things of note include:
- No Cianwood Town! Instead the water path just goes back to Goldenrod City.
- The route that’s between… uh… Morty and Claire’s cities, which in turn leads into the Lake of Rage, has been moved upwards a bit for some reason.
- There’s an extra little town to the east of New Bark Town.
- Speaking of Morty’s city, it had a train station too! But in the end, only Goldenrod City got it.
- Sprout Towers in nearly EVERY town and city. Even at the Lake of Rage!
- The Burned Tower isn’t burned at all!
This is just only a fragment of what I’ve been able to see based on my quick run-through of it.
So below I’ve got three pictures for you:
- The map of Proto-Johto, in full 1:1 form!
- The map of Johto, as seen in the final version of Gold/Silver, also in 1:1.
- A half-sized map of both Johtos, alternating every 2 seconds.
The third map is just so you can see the two maps and make easy comparisons between the two. I even lowered the Route that leads to the Lake of Rage (from the Proto Johto map) down a bit so it lines up with the official Johto map. You can also click on the map to get a full sized view in case you can’t easily zoom into it.
There’s just so much to discover, uncover and recover here with all these leaks! I can’t wait for us to catch ’em all! yuk yuk yuk
Hello! You found me! :O